Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

580 b ck

James Hayden · 2018-05-29 18:29

I have a question everyone. I have early 70’s case 580b ck backhoe 2wd with 188 diesel. I was about to start on it last year due to the engine started knocking bad, but I ended up with cancer and had to get a major surgery done back in November of 2017 and thank God. I finally was able to get back to living and able to do stuff recently and I got the ck back running and was trying to move it to move remove Engine. Well it Will not Move at all. Can anyone tell me what the steps I need to do to get it back to move. Please any help be Much appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Equipmentguy2242018-05-30 02:03

    First thing i'd do is check all the fluids. Here's the manuals for the 580 b if you don't already have them: http://www.minnpar.com/manuals5.asp...E 580 SERIES PARTS MANUALS&SSSFName=CASE 580B

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2018-05-31 15:51

    I'm assuming that it does start but still knocks. Does the hydraulics work if so then like equipmentguy224 says check trans oil level and see what happens. I am glad you are doing better health wise.

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-05-31 16:44

    Welcome to HEF , James. Awesome that you survived your illness ! Post back here for more help.