Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 544k overheating

Newbury1289 ยท 2022-08-11 10:21

i have a 2018 JD 544k with 777 hr the problem i am having is the cooling fan is not working properly, the fan is running at 200rpm at 100% command, and about 500 rpm at wide open throttle, I tested for power at solenoid I have 26v when running, and tested solenoid, this machine does not have reversible fan valve, the hydraulic fluid is at the correct level any advice would be appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612022-08-11 12:28

    Welcome to HEF Newbury ! Complete machine serial number please. Unplug the fan solenoid. What is the fan speed at fast idle with 140* oil?

  2. #2Newbury12892022-08-11 12:49

    serial# 1DW544KZJJF689767 fan speed at fast idle with solenoid unplugged is about the same at 200rpm, also the fan command with solenoid unplugged stays at 0%

  3. #3Newbury12892022-08-11 21:24

    I was thinking either a bad valve or fan motor, any suggestions would be appreciated

  4. #4heymccall2022-08-11 21:40

    On my 544J machines, I lost the plastic water pump impeller on both of them, but only after 15k hours. Tattletale was cold heater core hoses.

  5. #5mg23612022-08-12 05:42

    With the solenoid unplugged it should be at full speed (1800 rpm). That indicates a problem with either your fan pump, fan motor, or the fan control valve. Your serial indicates that you still have the extended powertrain/hydraulic warranty. So I would contact your dealer.

  6. #6Newbury12892022-08-12 06:43

    Ok great, I appreciate the information I will contact the dealer today