Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TEREX IBH 7251 Salvage yard?

RightTrack ยท 2022-08-10 12:14

I think I have a Terex 7251 AA (the serial tag does not have a model number) (S/N 55167) and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a steering Gearbox for it. I've tried searching for salvage yards that might have one sitting around, but I had no luck. I'm almost leaning towards retrofitting some other style of steering gearbox because I just cant seem to find any parts for the loader If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it a lot.

Replies5
  1. #1traxcavator2022-08-11 20:23

    Did you check with C&C Repairs in Plain City, Ohio?

  2. #2RightTrack2022-08-11 22:13

    Not Yet. They look like they'll be the ones to call! Thank you for point in the right direction

  3. #3Terex Limey2022-08-17 19:33

    Your machine dates from around 1970. Terex p/n for the steering box is 9236941 [Ross/TRW HPS70 Series]. That exact box was fitted to US built 7251AA & 7451 (7251 with Colby Composter) and British built 7251 & 7251MWT (Military Wheeled Tractor) models. As a Legacy machine chances of finding a new one are pretty remote, though a few repair parts can still be found. I just sent out some repair parts for an even older Euclid L20 with a similar steering box. Midwest Steering, Independence, Mo also know their way round these steering boxes.

  4. #4RightTrack2022-08-17 21:17

    Thanks a bunch, This machine is definitely turning into a history lesson, but it is also very interesting diving into these older machine for exactly that reason. I very much appreciate the information

  5. #5oarwhat2022-08-18 07:51

    We had a 72-51 back in the eighties. The exhaust manifold was also the muffler. We kept patching it and it keep blowing out. Didn't have the funds to replace. I think most of my hearing loss is from that machine .Still have nightmares of that machine.