Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 555G warning light question.

Joe Nowak ยท 2023-11-28 13:10

So I finally found a track loader, in fact I've had it almost a year now. It's a 555G and I love it. It runs and operates great. But now I do have a warning light that comes on and stays on for the most part. It is the "TRANS OIL FILTER" light. It goes out at times but mostly stays on. Can someone tell me what this means, what service is due, just exactly where should I go from here? Is it a matter of changing or cleaning a filter or is there more to it. It's an 1989 or 1990 model. I've attached a pic of the warning light. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me.

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2023-11-28 14:57

    FYI, At the Deere bookstore there is an option to download a free copy of the Operators manual for that track loader. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com

  2. #2Dave Neubert2023-11-28 16:56

    need to change trans filter and maybe oil