Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 570 B rotary manifold leaking hyd oil

RWJ · 2026-06-19 16:43

I have a John Deere 570 B grader/ blade. It’s been sitting under the shed for a couple of years. Trying to get it ready to go out on a job. It has a hydraulic oil seepage on the Rotary Manifold. We replaced the gasket and stopped the leak. Machine runs about 5 minutes and the top plate starts leaking again. It seems to be building pressure in the manifold. What am I missing here ?

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2026-06-19 19:03

    Did you replace the seals #6 ? See screenshot below.

  2. #2RWJ2026-06-19 20:41

    No Sir , I did not. Is that some what common on a JD ?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2026-06-20 08:25

    Common on every rotary manifold out there of that design. The item #6 seals are to prevent internal leakage between oil ports, but the most top and bottom seals also prevent external oil leaks.

  4. #4RWJ2026-06-20 10:54

    Thanks so much for the info. I’ll get the seals first thing Monday and see what happens. Thanks again.

  5. #5RWJ2026-06-25 20:05

    We put the seals in the manifold and no leaks. Thanks a bunch for the info.