Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 570A Lube Issues

Tried_it ยท 2020-05-24 17:06

I use my JD 570A for my property as well as 5.5 miles of community road. I've tried to keep it full of grease in her but find it impossible to fill the frame steer pivot pin grease fittings, both top of pin, and middle of pin. Even after replacing the fittings (zirks) I cannot force anything into the pivot joint no matter how much pressure on a grease gun. I figured the fittings were frozen but not the case. Any way of freeing up these fittings, or alternate way of greasing the frame steer pin? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612020-05-26 04:55

    Show a picture of the joint/joints in question.

  2. #2Tried_it2020-05-26 17:35

    With the machine articulated full right you will see the top fitting into a rubber hose that's connected to the top of the pin, bottom fitting is on front of frame pin housing. I replaced both grease zirk fittings. Looks very similar setup as my Case wheel loader on center pin. With that was wondering if there was a known workaround to get grease into the pin short of separating the machine. Some sort of high pressure way to force grease past a blockage? The center pin doesn't seem to be worn much with just VERY slight movement. And I'm trying to keep it this way. Thanks for looking.

  3. #3cuttin edge2020-05-26 20:00

    try articulating it it a bit at a time, and greasing. Sometimes shoving the MB down, and lifting the machine a bit. Like jacking up the front end of a truck to get the kink pins to take grease. Take the nipple out and spray some fast orange in the hole and try to clean it out, I've had to take pins out, not those ones, and almost drill the guck out. They get dry from not getting enough grease and plug.

  4. #4Terry1402020-05-27 01:32

    My grader had a few fittings that wouldn't take grease..on the steering king pins though, so a lot easier to get at. I took the grease fittings off and got a bit of mig welding wire and dug some of the old grease out. It took some time, but it worked, they all took grease after that.

  5. #5Clyde Hathaway2020-05-29 09:09

    I agree with Terry above, my 570, has 2 blocked fittings on the steering linkage as well as the lower pin on the hinge at articulate. I took a hint from a thread on this forum (cant find it today) with many suggestions to unblock fittings. I have tried the impact unblocker from Northern to no success on any of the three. Also tried heat on all three to no avail. I am currently soaking the steering linkage areas with Kroil after removing the fittings and cleaning as a suggestion here on the HF says it will eventually loosen old grease. On the lower hinge pin, I took a suggestion from a thread somewhere at HF and screwed in 1/8" pipe street el + short nipple. I am currently filling the nipple ever couple days and soaking top and bottom of hinge pin as well. I also got a coupling and screwed a grease fitting in and at some point will put it on end of the nipple and try the impact tool again. I have lots of time and will let you know how it goes.

  6. #6Clyde Hathaway2020-05-29 09:16

    HeavyEquipmentForums Try this link - there are many helpful suggestions from real experts here