Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 610b Hydraulic issues

EfiniMotorsport ยท 2026-03-23 15:41

I just picked up an 84 610B Backhoe and have some questions. The previous owner said he was running the backhoe and suddenly lost all hydraulic power to the hoe and loader. It drives forward and backward fine and the brakes and steering both work properly. The loader bucket is extremely slow and the backhoe moves but doesn't have much power. The hydraulic fluid is full and very clean. I haven't pulled the filters and pickups yet but I did test hydraulic pressure to the diff lock and it was a little over 500 psi (it was the easiest port to access). I have test gauges and manuals but the manuals are digital copies that have been copied and scanned a bunch so it's hard to see some of the pics when they're showing where test ports are. I was hoping someone may have an idea on what could have broken suddenly that would take out the aux hydraulics and not effect the other systems. I'm also trying to identify the test ports on the main pump, priority valve etc. I'm not able to find many good pictures online either.

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612026-03-24 05:41
  2. #2EfiniMotorsport2026-03-24 08:09

    Thanks a lot. That's one of the big things I was trying to figure out.

  3. #3EfiniMotorsport2026-03-24 20:17

    I just realized that diagram is viewed as if you're sitting in the cab looking forward. That makes more sense. I did also fix my problem though. I spoke with the guy at Kin-tec Industries and he was a big help. It turned out my electronic destroke solenoid failed partially open. I'm guessing that when the previous owner started the machine he didn't have hydraulics, not that it died during operation. I was able to get the piston to come back out to block the valve and got full hydraulic pressure back. The solenoid is completely shot to I left it unplugged. He did say there is a part that can be put in place of the solenoid to block the passage. I called Deere and they have a plug but didn't know about the part that goes inside to eliminate the solenoid. Does anyone happen to have a part number for it?

  4. #4mg23612026-03-25 05:11
  5. #5ohdeereme2026-03-29 04:38

    #16 is a manual destroy valve that you can turn in until it stops and that will open the stroke control valve and maybe wash a piece of debris that's stuck non it. I think a 610B also has a belt drive charge pump on the front of the engine. Make sure it's turning.

  6. #6ohdeereme2026-03-29 04:39

    That should say ''destroke''instead of ''destroy''.