Hello first time here I have a JD 624G with 12700hrs and the bearing going into the trany (right infront of the engine to trany u-joint on the torque converter) went out I smelled something hot and found it right away it did not damage anything the cover is good and I cut the race off the converter with no problems . ? is there anything I should do while engine is out or just put back together I bought it 5 years ago with 8000hrs I am the second owner was the city of cody WY so loader was very clean but compared to my dads 624E (it has 15000hrs and nothing has ever been touched) it has always seemed alittle sluggish but it has always passed stall tests good is there any way of putting in a lockable converter the loader is used on a ranch so it does a lot of roading and carrying bales otherwise I love the machine and has been really dependable any ideas or suggestions are appreciated Jess
Same bearing failed on all my 544Gs. Just change the bearing, if the mount points are good. Make sure the driveshaft can still slide, and examine the integrity of the rubber coupler.