Having ongoing issue with 644K rear axle having a warning about rear axle overheating. Have changed filter, and oil. Does not have a screen in line at bottom of axle. Have confirmed that the pump is functioning correctly. What is left to check? perhaps faulty sensor?
Welcome to HEF JD ! Complete serial number of the machine? Have you shot the axle with an IR gun when the warning light comes on to confirm it is overheating? Axle cooler plugged with debris? Brakes dragging (need to confirm with a pressure gauge)? Foot resting on the brake pedal while operating? Why is the screen not in the bottom of the axle?
Does it have axle coolers? I had to add them on our 544J machines. I ordered our 544K with them. Have you changed the operating environment recently? Are the stop lamps on all the time?
Thanks for reply, yes I did shoot axle with IR gun, slight heat difference but with a few degrees, loader did not have inline screen when purchased new. I think it maybe pointing to the brakes. Will check . I don't belief it is the cooler as we are not having issue with heating on the front differential. Again thanks for the suggestions