Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 644B fix

HarryE ยท 2013-12-16 18:52

Purchased this loader knowing it had a issue with the top pivot pin. Just couldn't tell how bad it was until I could get it apart. The top pin had been run loose for quit some time and ob-longed the 1 1/2" top plate hole. The the lower 3/4" plate hole had been welded up in some fashion that did nothing and I had to torch it to get the pin out. the pictures show the damaged hole the worn pin and the new parts to be welded in. Pin and plates are 4140 pre-hardened. Both plates are 1 1/2" thick and will be attached top and bottom by a certified welder. I'm pretty sure the 3/4' lower plate went first allowing the pin to wear into the top plate. This may not be the correct fix but for $428.00 in parts and paying the welder I'll chance it vs splitting the loader cutting, welding, line boring and not getting someone hurt I'll take this chance. Plus JD wants $565.00 for the top pin which wouldn't have help here unless option #2 was used. I farm using JD equipment and get a discount at my local dealer and can order a lot of construction parts thru them at least those that crossover.

Replies0

No replies yet.