Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 690 elc

Crash ยท 2016-02-27 09:48

My boss said he changed a fuel line, and now the engine is smoking bad, and he said it smelt like oil burning. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks CRASH

Replies7
  1. #1NCHeavyDiesel2016-02-27 10:11

    What fuel line did he change and how much oil is in the crankcase?

  2. #2Crash2016-02-27 10:30

    I'm going into work now I will check, any help you can give me will be appreciated! Thanks crash

  3. #3NCHeavyDiesel2016-02-27 10:40

    No problem...just need to find out if it really is oil and how its getting in. Pull charge air hot side off turbo and make sure its not passing oil out of the shaft seal. Make sure no oil running out the exhaust.

  4. #4Crash2016-02-27 18:07

    he replaced hydraulic hose going to the middle of the electronic throttle positioner. There was 2 gallons of oil missing from motor, and he has no muffler hooked up to exhaust system, also there was thick resin drops under the turbo, he was running the machine for a short time with no exhaust system and was going inside of the engine compartment. He also told me after I dropped the oil that the machine does not run quick, it's slow when Excavating. I'm thinking we have a turbo problem. Any help you can give me would really help, this is the first time I have worked on heavy equipment ,most of my diesel work has been on boats. Thank you.!!!!! Crash

  5. #5NCHeavyDiesel2016-02-27 18:40

    From this description it sounds like a turbo issue. Any oil residue in the turbo piping?

  6. #6Crash2016-02-27 19:38
  7. #7Crash2016-02-27 19:47