I need an excavator for my own farm work and I've come across a 2001 JS200 LC with approx 13,000 hours for sale at seemingly OK money. According to the seller everything is working as it should, UC about 70% except the tracking is slow on 1 side. He says he doesn't want to sell it with this fault and has a fitter coming out to resolve the issue. What are peoples opinions on this model and is there anything in particular I should be looking out for? I'll have a fitter give the machine a once over before purchase but if there are known issues with these machines I'd like to have an idea before I part with the cash.
Few things possible down on one pump that runs that track ,rotary coupling leaking or problem with track motor / gearbox area. Main hyd pumps start playing up sometimes sound like you got air in your central heating circuit or you have a slow operation like you say with one weak track . Throttle system always having seized cables also some have turbo issues depends on m/c service record.Being JCB you will always have a few electrical gremlins . Check the slew ring for wear
The seller only got back to me yesterday regarding the solution to the tracking. He had to repair the pump, he says it's basically reconditioned now and has also replaced the coupling between the pump an the drive shaft/engine. He's getting a fitter to adjust pressures and it should be good to go now. Some people I know never trust a reconditioned pump, I don't know I suppose it is a roll of the dice. I'm expecting some wear in the slew ring given it's age. Is there any objective way know how much is too much? I figure lift boom and dipper and drop suddenly a few feet and look for movement.
Simple way for the slew ring is get someone to operate the machine and basically put the bucket down and then try to lift the machine off the ground but you will need to do it slowly and watch the movement .correct way is to put a dti gauge on it to measure the movement between the base and the upper structure. I