Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 690D LC

kennye · 2025-06-01 12:40

Ok, so, I had this oil pouring out from under my torrent. I followed most poste and was led to think it was the rotary manifold. I replaced it. The oil is still pouring out. OMG! I'm depressed for now. There are no hoses that i can find leaking and I am really concerned about tackling the gear box removal. The thing turns smoothly, I don't hear any grinding of gears it is just pouring out. I will say this, I tried to put the stop bar back on but the 2 bolts are not close enough. I can swing it to get them in but when I crawl or swing it starts pouring out. Any help or Ideas are really apreciated .. Kennye

Replies5
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-06-01 12:57

    Review what I said in post #2 of your original thread. FYI, the swing will still function when the lower pinion housing drops because it is still somewhat in mesh with upper gear box housing gear set. Sorry for the bad news but that’s the issue.

  2. #2kennye2025-06-01 13:05

    so, do I replace the bolts or is the problem internally? The 12 bolts were tight so, I can't see in my mind how new bolts will help. I will get new bolts but will i need to remove the box to lift the pinion box back to where it belongs?

  3. #3Diesel Dave2025-06-01 13:07

    Can you call my cell or FaceTime , my info is in your message

  4. #4Diesel Dave2025-06-02 08:59

    Plug the return and swing brake cooling hoses at the swing gear box to stop/ control the leak then you can put the rotary manifold stop bar back in. I sent pics to your email.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2025-06-02 09:07

    You will not see the broken bolts at the lower swing pinion housing until the swing gear box is removed.