Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 690elc travel motor

hd16b ยท 2019-01-07 03:02

Recently bought a 690elc and am having a problem with one of the travel motors leaking into the final drive blowing it's seal. I took the motor off to replace the shaft seal and fount the old seal turned sideways in the bore. I then cleaned everything up and installed a new seal which drove in tight, put everything back together and same problem. Thinking I have high case pressure due to internal leakage, what do yall think. Other side is bone dry. Talked to a guy that has owned one for years and he says to rebuild and reseal the final drive, I don't think that will fix my problem.

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2019-01-07 04:21

    Good day Suggest you of course change the case drain filter, install a low pressure gauge when you have made the repairs operate each circuit to establish if one or more are causing excess pressure, as a general rule the pressure should be less than 12 p.s.i. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2hd16b2019-01-07 08:43

    Thanks puffed, I replaced every filter on the machine

  3. #3joeblow2019-01-14 21:13

    Check the case drain for that motor .Pull off the line and blow air through it .You should hear a bubbling sound in the hydraulic tank.