Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 700

Reuben ยท 2008-12-15 19:29

Anybody have any experience with a JD 700 h or J. We are looking in to one and wanted to get some thoughts on it.

Replies8
  1. #1Dirtman20072008-12-15 21:35

    I've spent a few hours on a 700h, probably not enough to really give you a good oppinion, but it was a nice machine. It had the pushing power to move some good size piles of dirt. The 6-way blade is nice too.

  2. #2Construct'O2008-12-16 12:23

    I was looking at 450 H and now up to 750 C .Also looked at the 700 H-J models also. This is a little off what you asked,but the differenc in a 750C and 700H-J is the lift cyclinders the C on a 6-way blade it the long mounted like regular dozer where as the H-J on all the there models are the small along side the frame left setup. So for my type of work i like the bigger,longer,hopefully more lift height on the older C series machine.I also would wether have the semi-u blade ,but every where you look they are for sale 6-way blades. Which if your doing a lot of finshing is fine,i just do more hogging dirt them finish,but there is bennifits in 6-ways,just not the best for clearing and tuff dozing(more wear factors). I guess that is the one thing i have for input is the difference in the blade setup ,but just depends on what your going to be using the machine for the bigger % of the time you use it. Any more input would be good! Still trying to decide here also.For me the way things are going it is hard to plan very far ahead (foresee the furture:beatsme),Good luck:usa

  3. #3HoJay2008-12-17 21:28

    I ran a 700j lgp with a 6 way blade and a winch with about 1500 hours on the clock. It was a nice cat for trimming slopes and topsoiling. I didnt have any complaints with the machine.

  4. #4fireman0502008-12-18 20:00

    we had a 700h on a job not to long ago we were really impressed with it it will beat the snot out of a cat d5g

  5. #5bigpoppa2008-12-28 21:09

    700 h I operated a 700H LGP for a couple of years. It is a nice tractor,balanced well and very comfortable to run. I am 6'4'' 300lbs, it had plenty of room in the cab. We also had a D5M and we run them side by alot, it also was a good tractor, but the 700 had the edge in every aspect in my opinoin. Willie J

  6. #6bigpoppa2008-12-28 21:15

    700h One more thing, the hydraulics on this tractor are great. The fastest blade response of any tractor I have ever run. Willie J

  7. #7Tony2008-12-29 07:55

    Reuben, The 700 series dozers have been the leader in their class for the past few years as far as customer/operator satisfaction. JD really laid down the gauntlet with this machine. I work for a Komatsu dealership, and we've been told by our factory reps that both Cat and Komatsu are very well aware of the success of the 700's, and that the machine is pretty much the benchmark that Cat and Komatsu need to beat. I have spent some time in one, and can say that general performance wise, it's an impressive machine. Regards, Tony

  8. #8CountryBoy6852011-02-05 19:27

    Both the H and J series are awesome machines. I think ( like everyone else says) they are the best machine on the market. Great power to weight, well balanced even on a 2 to 1. Even had them on a 1 to 1.