My late serial number 700H is jerking to the left without any input from the operator. This has occurred several times over the last few days both while pushing and traveling. Can anyone verify that this is a symptom of a speed sensor failing? I bought the new part, and would like to have some second opinions before I open the package. Also, I would like to verify that it should be installed on the right side to correct the erratic left turn (that's counterintuitive to me) and that proper installation is to screw it in until it bottoms out, the back off a quarter turn. Thanks for any advice.
Mine did the same thing few years back, slowly got worse. there should be a code stored in the display left of seat. I don't recall the number. if you post them someone will know. When the right sensor fails the computer thinks it stopped or slowed down. So it slows or stops the left side. mine would make a 90 degree turn than be fine for a while. your install procedure looks correct.
Well I thought it would be throwing a code also, but all I see in the window is the software version upon startup, then PARK or RUN depending on if the park brake is on. Unless there is something I need to do to make the codes appear; on my D6R I push a button to cycle through the menus, but I don't see a button on this John Deere.
Pull the cover off the window and there should be some buttons on it, scroll through to codes press select and you oughta have what you're looking for. Also if you replace one sensor and it doesn't appear to resolve issue simply install the sensor removed into the other side?
Thanks for the info; I did as you said and found the buttons to reveal the codes. The fault codes were there just as they should be for the problem the dozer has exhibited: F383 and F382; Right track motor speed sensor. I will go ahead and install the new part tomorrow. Now I need to figure out how to clear these 54 occurences of the codes.
You don't have to clear the codes. Once you have repaired the issue they will just go inactive and have no affect.
You can clear them by going to code list and it should show "end" at the end of the list. Hold down the select button and it will flash f300 and they should be gone.