Hey Guys, Looking to get a different dozer in this size. I have a JD650h, that I am selling. I am looking at these two machines JD700j or a Cat d6k. I will be buying a machine with full cab, air and heat. I have other cat equip but have not ran one of there newer small dozers much. both have good dealers I my area so that is not a problem. I like the way John deeres drive, does cat work as nice? I am looking for some good input here from guys that have run both. Thanks.
Ive spent alot of time on a 700j. A few weeks ago i rented a d5k, it was a pretty nice. One of the things i noticed was how large the finals were. The stance of the machine is bulky in the rear, you couldnt see the rippers out the back. I didnt like that. I didnt like the blade control either. Instead of a t handle its a joystick with a button for angle. It did have a button that would shake the blade, that was cool. Ive spent thousands and thousands of hours running dozers, id get a deere