Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 710g boom piston

azokie ยท 2014-10-30 10:41

I'm trying chang the seals on our 710g boom. I have the cylinder removed; it is vastly different than changing the seals on the stabilizers. :Banghead. Does anyone know how to remove the piston? I called RDO (JD dealer) who sent a pic of the c clip being removed; yet did not help much since skipped all the steps before that. Thanks for any help

Replies3
  1. #1azokie2014-10-30 13:11

    :beatsme

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-10-30 15:40

    There should be a set screw with a ball under it that locks the main nut. You may have to remove that and tighten the nut in order to get the c clips out of the cushion valve. I have never done a 710G Boom cyl. and it's hard to tell by the parts page.

  3. #3azokie2014-10-31 16:51

    I had removed the set screw and ball(lost it) but still could not remove but. So sent it to JD; they had yo apply so much hydrolic pressure they were afraid it might break. But it was repaired. Thanks