Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 750 tracking issue

Dan Pflip · 2020-04-26 19:55

JD 750c lgp seriesII 2004 serial #x940376 was mistracking to the right, everything n everyone said left speed sensor so I looked into it. What I found was both speed sensors he’d been unplugged. I reconnected them and started the machine and now have no codes. I went through the calibration process but when I get to the 2lr step the 2 and the l go out but the r stays and it will not continue through the programming. I have been running the machine and it work sometimes and sometimes not but will mistrack both ways now with sensors hooked up. I would say it mistracks to right 70% and left 30% of the time. Any suggestions on what it may be now? Even with no codes could it still be speed sensors or could it be the calibration module beside the seat or something else? Any help would be a huge help, Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612020-04-27 05:00

    Not getting past the "r" means an issue with the right side pump/motor. Usually it means it takes more than 25 mA of current to move the track. It could be a null adjustment, pump or motor displacement control valve issue, electrical issue or contamination. You said it intermittently changes which side it mistracks? If so then I would perform the flushing procedure in the tech manual TM1588 (if you don't have it you should get it). When performing the calibration and you are at the 2Lr point, count the flashes until each track moves. They should be approximately the same (20 - 60 flashes) in all directions.

  2. #2Dan Pflip2020-04-27 07:29

    Sound good thanks for the information. I will try these steps next. Thank You!

  3. #3Dan Pflip2020-04-28 10:44

    Question for you- I’ve been running it for a while today and once the machine got warm and doing a lot of turning the tracking seemed to work for the most part. What would you suspect would be more of the issue if the machine tracks better the warmer the oil gets?

  4. #4mg23612020-04-29 05:33

    Contamination or oil viscosity. Are you running the correct oil? If yes to oil, then I would perform a flushing procedure to see if that helps.