We run 2 JD 762 elevators at work. Our ariginal one died aout 9 years ago whe nthe previous landfill owners didnt want to have a transmission done for it when we were closing. We were bought and reopened and I found a 762 in Athens AL. We bought it with a weak motor and bad chains. Before our permits opened we took it to a parking lot job for the new owners and finished off the motor. We robbed the motor and chains and did the change over in the field under a big tree. in about 3 days including doing the lower end of the engine. I started running the original machine when I was 15 and working on it to. Ive done about anything you can do to one since. We found a well used one at a landfill about 20 miles away and we got it for 2500. We did the injectors over the winter while it was slow and fixed a few things then we sent it off and had a few mojor leaks done since we were busy. We got it back and ran it and the new operator called me and told me the bowl wouldnt lift. I got on it and the bowl had to be jerked. It slowly raised. We got it into a stall at the shed and I adjusted the bowl linkage didnt help. After it sat a while the bowl lifted fine then wouldnt at all. I figured it was a valve problem. I ve changed the hoses on the older one with hep and it took one person wedged between the back of the belly pan and fron of the axle and one on the fender with a line wrench. We had a pro mechanic take 12 hours to change 2 lines. THe valvle is bolted under a plate and the 4 hoses and fittings and lines group together tightly. Deere didnt know as the nearest bunch hadnt had many come through. I got to looking and there was a few bolts in the well beaten fender. I took my impact and zipped them out and pulled the fender off and cribbed up under the belly pan. THe bowl will lift the wheels off the ground instead of the tractor. I took my 5000 pound lift and got under one side and eased it up. We added more cribbing and pulled the tire. It took about 45 minutes for this and another 45 to pull al lthe lines off the valves and the valves itself. I pulled the spool and realized it was all closed centered stuff. I pulled the it out and took them and the body to JD 60 miles away. The head mechanic told me how to reseal it. And that trash/ rust had gotten into the spool. He showed me the little brass weep filter on the detent/cap that is supposed to let rusty fluid weep. He told me the newer ones had a smll hole drilled and instructed me to drill it. I had to wait 2 days for the Orings to come in from Deere. I resealed the valve and noticed one of the ears broken off the spool for teh ejector. Looked at the old maching but i doubt Ill pul lthe spool now. I just welded on a make up ear for the spool since it was working good. I saw some funky lines under the valve that looked bad so I pulled all the line that I could find the ends to and have them made up since I was in there. THere was 2 that looked fair but They are#####es to do. The way it was setting up Its all chest level. I did find some history on them machine. Its either hit a bank in a cut head on or head onned another scraper. The frame had been broken a few places and the oscillation hitch has welt on it. It does run good and works good though. I promise pics tomorrow.
No replies yet.