Anyone know where to find an electronic shifter for a JD 762A ? No longer available through deere....no luck finder salvage unit...no luck through dealer network. It is the shifter that the operator shifts with part # AT66125. Actually called a "Quadrant". It is very frustrating to have a good machine that may become a yard ornament or a salvage unit itself due to one little part. It is an early serial number unit as the parts changed with later units. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
That quadrant is just the housing that holds the lever and gears, I think you need the RE12737 Control if it's just the electronics that are defective? I won't swear that's the right part, Deere's parts books are horrible sometimes. If you need the physical housing for the lever, there is a serial number break, you might be able to shoehorn a newer one in there.
Yes, it is just the electronics that I need. Thank you for the information. I will see what I can find out with the part # you list. Have called two of the five salvage yards that have 762A's listed and no luck - they tell me that part is one of the first to go. And yes, on some parts of the machine Deere's parts books are horrible. Even the deere dealers have trouble finding/identifying this part.
I think Clark made that transmission. Thats the main reason I hate Deere we have 3 762 machines and no support.
This place claims they repair the controller, maybe call and ask if it matches up to what you have in your machine as far as dimensions and input shaft? http://www.gesrepair.com/product-p/1417936.htm
Thank you lantraxco. I have contacted 11 different salvage yards today and all report to me that this is the first piece they sell off of 762A scrapers. So no one had one. I will try this repair place tomorrow. I really hate to think about having to sell this machine for salvage - it is a good machine and does everything we need as far as scraper work.
Check on a AT105927 switch also, it may be the selector switch that the lever drives? Says "For manual controls" They just hang all these parts in midair like you're supposed to know how it all fits together. Deere says this switch is $1,400 ?????????????? Hell of a switch. Couple AE44171 diodes connected to it also..... Not sure what your actual problem is or which component may be defective.
contacted gesrepair today. Will be shipping them my controller tomorrow. They said they will check it out - give me an estimate - and then repair if possible. Hope they are able to. Yes, it is the electronic component that the shift lever drives. thank you for the help and the information. Yes, deere is pretty vague about identifying some of their parts. very frustrating.
Try these guys on out dated JD parts. http://www.oemreplaceme.com/
Sent controller to GES in Buford, GA. They repaired it in two days and was less than $200.00. Thank you all for information and advice.
Sweet! :drinkup
The company I work for also repairs electronic shifters and transmission controllers. all brands. If you don't have any luck contact me. [email protected] or direct toll free 866 529 8365.
seems I celebrated too early. Got 762A out on first job and worked fine for about 3 hours - now I have only 5th and 6th gear in manual tran. mode and only 1st gear in auto mode. no reverse. thinking now problem may be in controller behind seat. I think I will take shifter, controller and all cables and send them all together to see if repairs can be made.
I have never had one of electric shifts but it seems like I remember somebody I knew had one that they change to manual shift years ago
my deere dealer tells me that changing to a manual shift is not possible with trans setup on a 762A. I have a friend with a straight 762 that is 5sp manual - huge difference in power and gearing when loading compared to 6sp tranny.
I would think that if push came to shove you could probably replace the original electric control system with a newer more reliable electronic system for not too many sheckels. That's an option of last resort though.
going to try : remove electric shifter, cable to control module, control module, and cable to transmission and send them all to GA. - make sure all is good and communicating...if that fails we may sell 762A for salvage and go with CAT 613C - at least parts are still available - not really a Cat guy, but need a self-propelled - tractor/scraper combo not suited well for a lot of the work we do with scraper
some body built it right so some body could change it dealer just means that they don't have a kit # to order to replace it or nobody smart enough to do it with out instructions if you find that guy it can be done if thats all thats wrong with it I wouldn't junk it
It's just six or seven solenoids, though they do show a different valve body for machines with automatic versus manual only shift. It may not work like the designer intended but I would think at best a programmable controller and at worst a rotary switch with a big knob (think marine controls or industrial) would let you select which gear you wanted to be in.
If I remember correctly, there are about 5 different transmission set-ups for the 762 - 762A - 762B. Ours has a controller box behind the operators seat that has a toggle switch that allows you to switch from manual to automatic. If the folks that work on these electronics cannot get it - I have mentioned it to my laser man - he has designed and built several things for Trimble (used to be Laserplane) to have him build a control/shifter set-up. Yes, it is too good a machine to send to salvage.