Well, Ive seen wheel dozers, articulated and rigid, Ive seen track dozers, but never have I seen an articulating tracked dozer. In my personal opinion, it is the most useless 'hybrid' piece of junk I have ever seen. Either I am some ignorant African:beatsme, or is that something that julle find useful? Please help me out. Its like a neutered dog: it has no purpose. :ban I am talking about JD's new 764H quad, highspeed dozer. I can see no use for it. What do you think? maybe it would be good for our Roads dept, seeing as it can tow a padfoot roller and level rock at the same time. Or maybe I am just a hardegat African who doesn't want to break with tradition. I really can't see what it can be good for. Are rubber tracks really a good idea on a machine doing jobs like that?? I am actually quite surprised that no one has made mention of it yet. As far as I'm concerned, it is going to be taking up the same work as a wheeldozer near me: Sitting and working 3 weeks a year. It actually reminds me of that wheel dozer.
Heh heh, you're going to get the Deere lovers all riled up
Possibly, maar its fine. Explain for the African...
We had a discussion about it back when it was unvailed at Con Expo. My comments were the same as yours. I think I said " it looks like another wannabe machine to me "
You probably know that I already agree with you.:iagree:stirthepot
I see.