Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The winch that John built. PICS

trackfanatic ยท 2008-07-18 08:52

So recently I've had the little dozer playing on some big hills. And as sometimes happens we reached a point where we couldn't go down, but it was tooo steep for her to pull herself back up. So I shifted another machine in and dragged it out. Then I decided I better think of another solution. A winch of course. But the problem with every dozer winch I've ever seen is that first you have to remove the rippers. And a dozer without rippers is only half a dozer IMO. So I designed and built this. It's a char lynn hydraulic drive run off a set of remotes powered through a diverter block on the angle ram valve. Connected to the drum with an old dog clutch I had around. Mounted in a frame that pins into the 2 spare slots on the tool bar. It's rated to pull 19t at a line speed of ...fast. The test runs have gone well. Now to plate her up. The only fault is that it sticks out a long way on that mongrel pivoting bar setup. Next job will be to convert her to parrellograms, but that'll have to wait till the wet.

Replies2
  1. #1euclid2008-07-18 09:08

    very crafty idear you have. hope it works out. :beatsme Sorry M8 I don't get it, could ya school an ole boy.

  2. #2OilFieldHand2008-07-18 19:57

    Websters says: *Ripping (rip-ping) : Adjective ---Defenition: Total Waste of Time. Alternate meaning: Pointless If you work your self into a hole your doing it all wrong, always leave yourself an out.