Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 770- new to me questions

dirtfarmer ยท 2021-02-18 09:30

Bought a John Deere 770 grader ( for what I thought was cheap - $4000) and was wondering if these are decent machines ??? Everything seems to work. Personally, I think the machine goes plenty fast in first gear... is this normal? A grader is new to my list of toys and I hope that I can learn to operate it somewhat properly LOL. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2021-02-18 11:44

    IMO. Deere graders are fine, if typically a bit light for their size. But then I just worked on them, not with them.

  2. #2ovrszd2021-02-22 17:58

    I've ran 6 different 770s. Starting with B thru G models. You didn't say what Model yours is? That info might help me better off an opinion. There's a quantum leap difference between a B model and a G model.

  3. #3dirtfarmer2021-02-23 11:10

    I'm pretty sure that mine is a straight 770..... an older model

  4. #4ovrszd2021-02-23 11:49

    Post a pic or two. I don't think I've saw a 770 pre "B" model. Curious to see what it looks like. Thanks!!!

  5. #5Terry1402021-02-23 19:23

    The early 770's weren't bad machines. I liked them. The push button controls is different and can sometimes be a little slow to respond if anything. It won't have that low down grunt of a 140G, but it will do everything you ask of it.