I have a John Deere 792 excavator (CK0792L000826) that both propel motors (travel motors) were stolen this winter. Besides stealing some fuel and taking the batteries, everything else seems fine. I got a couple quotes for replacement motors and they'll cost me $7k-$8k minimum for each. I live in BC, Canada. Honestly can't justify spending $16k on this old machine. I've been looking for some used motors but no luck. I know that the JD 792 was the same machine as an Hitachi UH143 but I can't seem to find any of either machine around anymore. I was wondering if anybody knew if the travel motors off another excavator would fit? I've seen some decent used ones from 790dlc's around but not sure if they would work. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 792 roughly the same size machine as a JD 270? Would a 270 travel motor fit?
Welcome to HEF Curt . The Deere propel motor part # is only used on a 792 or Hitachi UH143. Not sure of any other brands that would have use that motor. I don’t believe a propel motor from a later Deere or Hitachi machine is going to be useful.
The model of that 792 propel motor is HMT125BC . Canadian Industrial Hydraulics in Edmonton may be able to help you out.
Thanks for info! I'll give them a shout and see what they come up with