Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD/Cat

Hitachi350Man ยท 2008-01-14 11:02

Hey guys So I was doing some reading on excavators I found that there are Cat and Deere controls. I knew there are different control patterns I just didn't know they're called Deere and Cat controls. I have ran a Cat 325 and it had the usual Cat controls left joystick (arm and swing) and right joystick (boom and bucket). I am a little confused by this because I have ran a Deere 200LC and the controls were the same as the Cat controls. I thought that Deere and Cat from factory were different controls? What control pattern do Hitachi's use?

Replies3
  1. #1dayexco2008-01-14 11:36

    cat and deere are just slang, just depends on how you have your pilot controls configured. lot of deere tlb's have the boom on left control, crowd on right, where most have the boom right/crowd left. you can replumb your pilots to do about whatever you want.

  2. #2KSSS2008-01-14 14:15

    Typically CAT controls are called ISO and Deere is considered SAE. Most new machines have a pattern changer on them to accomondate the operators choice without having to change lines.

  3. #3Squizzy246B2008-01-14 16:27

    You will find lots os information here: