Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Good way to flip an excavator

Dirtman2007 ยท 2008-01-13 17:22

Seems they operator did not know the bucket can be used to help go up the hill. Better yet lets raise the boom as high as it will go too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYDx5-wSwag Good thing the chain stayed hooked

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies38
  1. #1Eric2008-01-13 17:43

    Good grief they did everything wrong they possibly could! Lucky they didn't kill themselves!

  2. #2RollOver Pete2008-01-13 17:47

    Operator? I don't think so... Just another lever yanker...

  3. #3greeniron2008-01-13 18:06

    rollover , think you should have left the word lever out of that statment

  4. #4RollOver Pete2008-01-13 18:08

    Maybe... And welcome to HEF greeniron :drinkup

  5. #5Dirtman20072008-01-13 18:26

    Possibly it was a monkey pulling levers.... Just visioned that bucket slamming right into the cab of the dozer

  6. #6RollOver Pete2008-01-13 18:50

    Thats what I thought would happen...

  7. #7Truckie2008-01-13 19:44

    I totally agree with what everyone here has said so far. I usually call a person like this a stick pusher. I thought the cab of the dozer was going to get wiped out and when I saw the machine head back I thought for sure the chain was going to snap. After a day like that and being so damn lucky to still be alive out of pure stupidity they should all go out and play the lottery.

  8. #8jazak2008-01-13 20:13

    how did he get into that seat???

  9. #9Countryboy2008-01-13 21:57

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums greeniron! :drinkup

  10. #10MMSOCAL2008-01-13 22:43

    ointheadThis is why employers should check out employment history. Probly some kid my age fresh out of a 5 week crash course or as they call them in california "operator schools". Told the boss they've been doing it for years. The sad thing is these guys are everywhere and people hire them.:usa

  11. #11rino14942008-01-13 23:10

    My exact words when watching this ....... **** *** I can't believe these people are still allowed to breed. :beatsme

  12. #12544D102008-01-14 00:34

    OMG, It's call physics; look it up.

  13. #13CascadeScaper2008-01-14 00:35

    Wow

  14. #14Hitachi350Man2008-01-14 01:47

    wow

  15. #15RollOver Pete2008-01-14 02:31

    Last edited by Countryboy : Today at 08:56 PM. Reason: You ought to know you can't use that word here! :lmao :avid Sorry.... Couldn't help it...

  16. #16385Diggin' Doug2008-01-14 03:45

    Utter Stupidity I can cay that I am totally speechless after watching that !!!!!!!!! :badidea:crazy:duh:jawdrop:OMG:umno It takes all kinds to make this world go around.Thank god nobody was hurt during that display of utter stupidity !!!!!!!!!!!! WOW

  17. #17dayexco2008-01-14 11:41

    i think it was kids playing on daddy's equipment on a saturday afternoon and got into a little trouble. a good dozer hand wouldn't have allowed that to go on either. this has all the appearances of a bunch of inexperienced kids out playing, otherwise....why the vid camera? why the kid toward the tail end of the film clip walking by in shorts?

  18. #18Tigerotor77W2008-01-14 13:07

    I agree that this stupid... but I have a question as for what should have been done. In this sort of situation, should an operator use the boom/stick to PULL the machine uphill, or should the boom and stick face downhill, PUSHING the excavator uphill?

  19. #19dayexco2008-01-14 14:32

    i would assume he was boom first going up the hill before he got in trouble. first thing i would fear by spinning the machine 180, is having the ground give away halfway around the spin, making the machine tip over. if you did get it spun downhill, then best shot is to go on down hill and find another/safer way to get up. with boom downhill pushing, i would think you'd have a tendancy to push the uphill side of the machine's trackpads into the ground making it even more difficult to climb out. with boom uphill, you could dig your bucket in, and have at least a chance of pulling yourself up.

  20. #20Dirtman20072008-01-14 15:57

    First I would have taken the bucket and knocked down the top edge of that slope so that it would not be that steep, If that could not be done just simply reach all the way out with the boom, stick the bucket in the ground and pull yourself up the hill. If it still want go, back about 1/3 of the way back down, spin around and push yourself up.

  21. #21white_boyz12008-01-14 22:22

    man,man,man down in the good ole south we call those guys ''pulldo's''thats when you pull the levers and see what they do........... :usa

  22. #22Young James2008-01-14 23:01

    that is insanely nuts

  23. #23Dusty2008-01-14 23:46

    that can hurt

  24. #24EZ TRBO2008-01-15 09:03

    Glad noone or machine was hurt, but the old saying goes. STUPID SHOULD HURT. Trbo

  25. #25atgreene2008-01-15 20:45

    It's morons like these that lead us to government regulations. They get hurt doing something stupid and some lawmaker decides something has to be done.

  26. #26komatsukid2008-01-15 23:10

    moron

  27. #27tonka2008-01-16 02:54

    Um common sence comes to mind here!

  28. #28rino14942008-01-16 07:12

    Yeah, I didn't know that "holy" was a bad word. I forgot that we are all adults here. :Banghead

  29. #29qball2008-01-16 13:00

    slick if i were in charge i would make both "operators" supervisors.

  30. #30wormkiller2008-01-18 00:39

    Hey, the one looks just like my new"Foreman". ointhead

  31. #31Cory2008-01-18 01:29

    I like to call them SLOPERATORS

  32. #32Tn Bulldog2008-01-20 20:54

    if my self or one of the other operators in our family's business had done that OMG I'D Hate to think what would happen or my granddad would say or do Famous last words "HEY YALL WATCH THIS !!!!" Later yall bulldog

  33. #33JayC2008-01-24 10:44

    I saw this a few days ago. I thought sure the excavator was gonna decapitate the Cat!

  34. #34solar1402008-04-27 10:18

    There are drivers and and there are operators. The guy in the excavator is stupid and the guy on the dozer is even stupider for going along with this idea. It's lucky that either the excavator didn't topple or that the bucket didn't smash into the dozer cab.

  35. #35tw_6920002008-04-27 18:55

    well don't just give the excavator ''operator '' a hard time looks like the dozer ''operator'' must have been his twin brother!!!! lol

  36. #36CatYelloBlooded2008-04-28 10:16

    That was definitely dangerous. Wow.

  37. #37buddy6052008-04-28 12:05

    Sure I can operate This guy proberly thinks this is right. If you ask during an interview they say sure I can operate an excavator. I always tell them there is a big difference between an operator and driver. and when it comes to myself and excavators I am a driver.

  38. #38bear2008-04-28 15:52

    Unfortunately "common Sense" isn't very common. Look at the political leaders we get. Spend millions on a job that only pays a few hundred grand. That's as dumb as the guys in the operator seats of that equipment. I was also convinced the poor dozer was going to be decapitated. Morons should not breed, or we could start throwing them into the wild to fend for themselves and comeback in a few years.