Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD Excavator 200D LC

ms0115 ยท 2018-04-29 19:35

JD Excavator 200D LC 1FF200DXHA0512266 The buzzer and engine warning light are on; The machine is sluggish on throttle response, like it is low in fuel pressure to the common rail. The transfer pump had a small leak (I replaced it), checked all the lines, filters and filter housings. Has good fuel flow to the high pressure pump. Is there anything I need to check before I change out the high pressure pump? I am not that familiar with these machines and I can not scan it. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1tool_king2018-04-29 21:10

    Might be dumping off the fuel to tank.You can go through the monitor .What is your email address I can send you manuals on it .Any codes coming on the monitor ?

  2. #2ms01152018-04-30 10:39

    My scan tools will not work at all on this machine. Cracked lines loose at the common rail and saw no air bubbles or anything unusual. I usually do on road, but this is a neighbors trackhoe and I am trying to help him out.

  3. #3tool_king2018-04-30 22:33

    You might have the high rail relief dumping fuel or the fuel rail pressure sensor sending false reading . Also low power could be Turbo charger is working correct and not stuck? What is the boost pressure ? What is your email address ? I can you some information for getting codes from monitor .

  4. #4ms01152018-05-01 07:05

    [email protected]

  5. #5kjkoch2018-05-11 22:38

    On the 240DLC's we had issues with the elbow coming out of the fuel tank stopping up. one of the first things I do now days, is tee in a vacuum gauge on the suction line, normally 8-10" is ok, 15-20" and you will definitely have performance issues. Back when the diesel looked like mud, I don't think we had as many problems as we see now. I was told a couple weeks ago that the 350 DLC's had fuel tanks that were not coated on the inside and created a large amount of rust, I haven't heard anything on other models.