Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD help needed

8875 JD ยท 2013-02-27 20:38

Hello all, my name is STUPID....well, it must be written on my forhead though. I'm seeking help with my recent purchase of a John Deere 8875. I purchased it knowing it needed a throttle cable. And also, the seat belt electrical system was bypassed. I got a quote of $170.00 ffrom JD dealer. A friend sugested New Holland dealer. They said $67.00 and ALL New Holland part #'s will cross over, less the motor parts. I bought a cable and replaced it. 1) It does NOT seem to work properly. The cable does not change the idle. It seems to be 800 or so RPM's more, than without the cable hooked up. The cable operates just fine. It pulls the injection pump lever properly. ANY sugestions?? 2) After the cable was replaced, I lost all hydro's to the boom and bucket. There was a wire that was loosely wraped around the cable, not sure where it goes though. My question is, CAN I do away with the whole seat belt electrical system??? I want to replace it with a non electrical one. The parts are WAY TOO expensive to fix properly. ANY HELP for stupid would be greatful.....THKS :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

Replies0

No replies yet.