Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Have to do two rebuilds and I'm in need a John Deere Industrial Yellow Paint. I did find a few prices per gallon @ $50 per gallon. Is that the going price or can I get it cheaper somewhere else? Thanks for any input.
Are you going for a restored look or just a fresh coat of paint on a project that will look good? The yellow for JD has changed over the years and depending on what shade you are looking at you might be able to find the color at you auto paint supplier. Some might even have the color match system(although did that with some "weathered oak" last year and it was MUCh lighter than what the oak board was). Trbo
I forgot what I paid for it a couple of years ago, but the cheapest JD yellow and black paint was at my local JD heavy equipment dealer.
Alright thanks guys I should've thought about the closeest dealer I was just there the other day too. I will give them a call and check. Not sure what year a jd440A is so not sure if they changed the color since. It was a state owned skidder so I though it looked like a industrial yellow. Thanks for the feedback.
That old is going to be the old yellow. Not sure if a skidders yellow paint is the same color as the consruction equipments yellow paint. I know there is a color called Industrial Yellow, but the construction equipments colors are: Old construction yellow Construction yellow I had to go and look at the can I bought and it is Construction Yellow, part number TY25653. This is the newer yellow. I painted our 490D excavator and 310D backhoe this newer yellow color, and it is different not as bright of a yellow and closer to Cat yellow. The equipment was the old construction yellow paint, so I think they changed the color sometime in the mid to late 90's. Also did a web search, at the link below is a PDF brochure for the John Deere paints with color chips. https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/featbene/DKD1536PaintChart.pdf