Have located used(Year unknown)8875 for sale--asking price is around 9K--plain machine-no forks, bucket etc. Has some issues to contend with like tires, electrical problem within cab--runs w/key--no lights for warning for oil etc.-seatbelt works-starts, runs--NO hour meter reading! Atypical farm unit w/crap rot did away with the outside fenders--lift bushings, pins need replacement, paint needs attention and rust issues. Did not creep or bang when driven-engine sounds loud(Turbo charged). One mechanical item I found was the front axle was off-set by maybe 2" to the passenger side (facing door of mach.) this was with both tires-owner indicated that it was made this way for better traction??? I thought that each side was driven by hyd. motor/chains/sprockets and this looked to be a alignment issue or worse yet-something has loosened up and slid over? Maybe I am just to cautious and being a NEWBIE on skid steers? Can any owner's/previous or now or service people shed any light on this? Don't want to make a huge mistake (9K) and spend another 6K to fix items if I can spend 15K and get a well oiled machine to start with???? Thanks and any comments/suggestions/good bad indifferent appreciated.:Banghead
I think it would have been made before 2000 , the axle offset could be that someone reversed the rims on that side also. Has too many issues for 9k though.
I looked at one a couple of years ago....they are the rebadged newhollands IIRC, and there are (3) rework/fix kits for rewelding the boom's "elbows" a crack prone area. It also had problems: 1. They fixed the elbows with 3/4" rebar bent around it and welded...barf 2. It would only run with the switch in "set-up" placing in run killed it. 3. I found wire nuts in the engine bay. 4. Idleing, the handles were wiggling and talking back to me. I looked at a newholland (very similar) and it was very rusty, and that dashboard is a big black box (all in one) and was acting up....I found it spent it's life loading salt trucks..... I ended up buying a JD240...
Thanks for all the prompt replies on the JD machine in question--I passed on that one and picked up a older(Early 90's) Toyota SKD 7 model which is also a diesel-mid sized machine w/4 attachments. Have not put 1 hour on it yet as it will be used @ the cabin/northwoods for driveway and misc. grading/snow plowing next winter. Seems to run good with lots of power-no oil leaks-mechanical issues noted-could use a dupont overhaul on the paint and decal department. I think the engine is the same as what is used in toyota forklifts(2J)?? Toyota does not sell skd's here in USA-but are big in Aussie land and far east countries. Time will tell-any comments appreciated by any current or previous owner's of this brand/model!!