Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD Skid Steer Hydraulic Quik-Atatch

Awjunkies ยท 2014-10-31 02:43

Anyone have a problem with theirs suddenly stop working? Operating for half a day switching out attachments and right when I went to swap attachments and park for the night the system stopped working halfway through unlocking. First thing I'm going to check fluid levels. Second make sure there is nothing lodged in some place it shouldn't be. Already checked fuses and wires all look good. Next run a tester and see if power gets to motor, if so test motor with alternate source. I think the motor quit on me, it not what else could I be missing? Is it possible to run this system manually? I really need to switch my bucket for forks and can't have this hold me up. Thanks in advance!

Replies2
  1. #1tmc_312014-11-02 10:41

    I don't know how the JD quick attach system works but the quick attach plate on my NH L190 requires frequent lubrication. I guess because it is located right there in the dirt. Tim

  2. #2jshughes2014-11-02 20:49

    My jd250 from '05 has a half-inch square hole in each lock lever. You will probably have to use a big screwdriver to pry the hole down to expose enough to put a half-inch breaker bar in. You can manually open and close it, but its not always easy. Also, check for hydro leaks in the hose ends; mine repeatedly spring leaks at joints and rub on things. good luck Joe