Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Issue with Bobcat S175

Jmac03 ยท 2014-10-31 06:49

I have a 2005 Bobcat S175 - 592 hours The other day I using it to move some mud and I had been using it for about 6 hours straight without any problems. All of a sudden the general warning lights comes on and it beeps 3 times and shuts off!! I tried disconnecting the battery and let it sit, that cleared it and it worked for about another 45 minutes and then did the same thing! Any idea what could be causing this? How do I fix it? Any help is appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1Swannny2014-10-31 16:24

    Did you try holding down the light button to see if there are any codes? Is it a keyed ignition? Were there any lights with symbols flashing?

  2. #2willie592014-10-31 20:33

    If you hear three beeps then the ECU definitely has a trouble code in it. Like Swannny stated, as soon as you hear three beeps, don't touch anything else, press and hold down the headlight button, this will bring up the faults codes in the hour meter display.

  3. #3Jmac032014-11-03 06:45

    I did not try that, but it give it a go next time it happens. It is a keyed ignition. The general warning light was flashing. Thank for your help!

  4. #4kensmith692014-12-06 20:35

    Any updates on this Im having the same issue with my 2006? My oil pressure light comes on randomly and the buzzer goes very loud? Doesn't do it all the time so I don't think its a engine issue

  5. #5Jmac032014-12-09 10:51

    I figured out that the warning light I was getting was a Fuel Shutoff Solenoid warning. Basically the Fuel Solenoid was getting a signal to shut off the fuel and that is why it was stalling. I just replaced the fuel solenoid and it hasn't done it since. Thanks again for the help swanny and willie!!

  6. #6willie592014-12-09 19:47

    Glad we could help. :drinkup