I am looking at upgrading my skidsteer, it is currently a 18hp Bobcat. I am looking at a 2, a JD 7775 or a JD 250. The one 7775 has 3100 hrs on it and has been repainted and through the shop, and the 250 has 1700hrs. Is 3100hrs alot for a skidsteer? What were some of the issues with these 2 models? Does and one run these, and what are your opinions. My biggest reason for upgrading is my bobcat doesnt have enough hp for dirt moving and ground work, and is short on power when cleaning the barn in spring. I was thinking I want to stay around the 50hp mark just for size and use, kinda want to do some landscaping in the off seasons and use it to help with picking round bales. (I only have one loader tractor so on the farther fields it would be handy).
My uncle has a 6675 John Deere with 3500 hrs on it and around 3100 hrs we had to rebuild all the pumps that drive the machine. I think it was around 3,000 to fix it. The 7775 is made by New Holland, where the 250 is made by Deere. I would go with the 250 it has less hrs and its newer.:my2c
either machine if service properly should jsut be getting broke in
I would pass on the 200 series Deere. Series II is better than the original series but still a POS. The 300 series is better if you want a Deere. Given your two choices I would go with the NH/Deere. The resale between the two is probable surprisingly close even though the 200 series is newer. The resale on 200 series is terrible.
Like ksss, said I would go for a Series II or later machine Deere. I have a Series II 250 and I have been very, very happy with it's performance. Granted some machines do better in different applications than others. The old New Holland built machines where pretty good also. I would not be afraid of an early 200 Series if all the updates have been done. They have been out since 99 so I would say all the bugs have been worked out by now.