Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Fluids and Filters??

Cowboy ยท 2007-11-02 23:14

I have a Gehl 4615 that is in need of some work and servicing. I haven't had the machine very long and I was just wondering what the best hydraulic fluid and filters would be to use in it. I also have a leak in the hydro system coming from somewhere and is puddling up in the bottom of the machine. I am pretty sure it is somewhere in the boom/bucket system. I will be looking into that tommorrow. Anyhow, the machine is used around the farm so it is not running 8-10 hrs a day or anything like that. Thanks for the input.

Replies1
  1. #1bobcatmechanic2008-04-14 23:11

    use the factor suggested filters the wix and of brand or generic parts store filters are not made to the factory specs of the machine and can void warrantys i would go with factory parts yeah they are more expensive and alot of guys use aftermarket and dont have any problems with them but the specs for water seperation and the micron count are different the parts guys will swear they are the came just to get hte sale but its your machine so do as you think best for it and you