Last snow I had some problems with our JD770D. A connection on solenoid A on the transmission went bad causing me to lose 1st and 2nd, would code and go to Neutral unless you skipped thru those two gears fast enough to trick the computer, then you'd have 3rd. The cause appeared to be ice build up on the skid plate freezing solid around the trans, trans filter and solenoid wiring harness. The stress of that ice buildup pulled on the connector enough to cause a failure. I contacted Deere about buying Snow Shields. Total price was just under $700. The Shields are two flat plate sheets cut to fit the hole with 4 bolt holes in each one. I went to the local metal shop and bought a 4'x4'x1/8" sheet metal. Took a couple hours to get one patterned and cut out, then duplicated for the other side. I didn't take pics until I had them bolted on but hopefully you can figure it out looking at these. I'll find out in the next couple days if they solve the ice buildup on the skid plate. Edit: Forgot to tell you the price, $1.25 for bolts, $51.67 for the metal. Think I should charge the Township $700??? Not.......
oh my, you think that you be enclosed right from the factory. excellent job. thansk KoO Published Author