I recently bought a JD110 backhoe and I disconnected the backhoe to try out the 3 point hitch. I can't seem to get it to work. I changed the hydrualic fluid today, 2 hydraulic oil filters and the screen filter under the bottom of the machine. I don't have a operator's manual and I'm wondering if I'm missing a step somewhere to make it work. I just pulled up the lift lever that in my mind, would operate the 3 point hitch up an down, but I get nothing. I read somewhere on a post that there is an electrical plug that maybe unplugged or corroded from non-use. Does anyone have a solution?
There is a rate of drop knob that when closed will lock the 3pt. I couldn't find a picture but most are under the seat and accessible from the rear of the tractor. You can download the owners manual from deere. I will try to attach.
Thx so much! I will see where that knob is and check if closed then retry. I'm suprised the manual didn't actually tell where it is located or I just missed seeing it.
Actually I may have misled you. The rate of drop knob on my 4310 is in front of the seat and yours may be there also. Here is a photo from my 4310 manual. I also have the service manual for your tractor and it didn't show a picture or description of the valve location either.
Gotcha, I found it to be there. It was stuck so I sprayed some Kroil and got it moving; however, the 3 point Hitch still isn't working. Not sure what is going on with it.
I will send you a PM in a moment.
I've got to do some research to see why it is not working after I got the drop rate knob working.
I had a 110 when they first came out in the early 2000’s. I “think” there may have been a small lever in the back, close to where you remove the hoses for the hoe, you needed to push it in or pull it out to operate the three point hitch. I could be way wrong on that though. It’s just what I seem to remember.
Thx, I will check.
Any luck figuring this out?
Not yet, I did find the Backhoe release switch and it wasn't stuck; however, I need to look at the wiring schematic and see where it goes. Have been swamped by other things that have pulled me away from it.
Check this out. Deere 110 TLB 3pt hitch.. not working. Do I need to do something? Hi folks.. I have, perhaps, a head scratcher here. I just took the backhoe off my 110tlb for the first time. I tried to move the hitch arms and they didn't. I didn't hear any hydraulics attempting to move either. Puzzled, I hopped off and discovered I can move them freely by hand. There is... www.tractorbynet.com Scroll to the bottom of the first page…..
I will take a look at that. Mine has the pushbutton switch. Thx ...will let you know once I can get a chance to check. The switch is not stuck.
There is a switch that when the backhoe is mounted it will not allow the 3 pt. hitch to operate.
Yes, I found that switch and noticed that the seal around it has deteriorated ...am hoping to take it off and test it. Thanks for providing the schematic which has the part numbers. Will update once I pull and test the switch. Thx
I checked the switch and I checked the switch continuity and everything seemed to check out. As I thought about it, when i removed the switch, the 3 point hitch should have worked I think but it still doesn't work
Check your K10 relay. That is what that switch controls.