Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD110 TLB Sticking Hydrostatic Transmission Foot Controls

Heavy Chevy ยท 2018-11-15 18:09

I have a JD110 backhoe but I'm having really bad sticking problems with the forward and reverse foot controls. If going forward or reverse, I have to pull the control back up with my foot in order to stop the machine. What could be causing this sticking problem. It has become unsafe; however, I know what I have to do each time I press either control but I would not trust anyone else to get on it for fear of them running into something. It is as if whatever spring mechanism has become so weak that it will not return the controls to the neutral position.

Replies9
  1. #1Jordan2018-11-15 21:06

    There are multiple grease point for the foot pedals on the 110, I would start there.

  2. #2motoOzarks2018-11-15 21:41

    On my 4120 the foot controls only act on a solenoid. Have you bumped the cruise control or something odd like that? check for debris under the pedals or touching of pedals to the floor boards to see if they are catching on something.

  3. #3mg23612018-11-16 04:53

    On the 110 the travel pedals do not have a grease fitting. It has been a problem area since the beginning with pedal seizure. You will need to remove the pedal assembly, remove the linkage, clean it and never-seize it then reassemble it. Have fun, there a bugger (especially the plastic cover)!

  4. #4Heavy Chevy2018-11-16 08:27

    Ok, thanks for the info as I didn't' see any grease fittings but see the solenoid. I will try your suggestion. thx

  5. #5Heavy Chevy2018-11-16 08:28

    Thx, I didn't see any debris...so think I may have to remove it and try cleaning it. thx

  6. #6Heavy Chevy2026-02-24 10:56

    Good Morning, I know that it has been many years since this post; however, I never worked on fixing this issue and this JD110 has been sitting up for years but I'm about to bring it back into limited working. When I was researching this years ago, I remember reading something about the potentiometer and having not disconnecting without having read the voltage at each point. You had mentioned removing the linkages and cleaning...adding anti-siege. Can I do all of that without upsetting the electronics? I also read something that said, if disconnected for more that 3 seconds, it would have to be manually calibrated to move it again. Your thoughts?

  7. #7mg23612026-02-24 12:26

    So long as the potentiometers are not removed when freeing up the linkage, the electronics will be fine. If they are removed or loosened and get slightly turned, then recalibration will be required. The 3 second thing is a myth.

  8. #8Heavy Chevy2026-02-26 10:50

    Thx so much. If I mess up and they have to be recalibrated, is that a dealer fix or will I have to have some special tools to do it myself?

  9. #9mg23612026-02-26 11:47

    No tools required to perform a recalibration.