Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD250 Skid – Conversion to H-Pattern controls

JCBiron ยท 2014-05-05 09:40

Does anyone know if there is such a kit available to convert a JD 250 skid to H-pattern "Case" controls? I've done some searching online and didn't come up with anything. Kinda surprised if not, as it would seem that it wouldn't be that difficult (Case has kits to install foot pedals, after all). If anyone has any insight on this, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1KSSS2014-05-05 23:08

    I have never heard of a conversion for Deere Hand Foot to H pattern, not to say it doesn't exist.

  2. #2jshughes2014-06-09 23:40

    I think it is an option on some or all of the 250s. I dont know if it only came optional from the factory, or if there is a conversion kit. If you go to sydenst.reachlocal.net , then click on 'John Deere Parts Catalog' (it will go to jdpc.deere.com). Then enter 250 in the 'Model Search' box and go down to item 2690 250 skidsteer. Then click on 'alphabetical search' and click on 'H'. 6 or 8 items down you will find 'handle, hands only steering (LH) and the next one ends (RH). It looks like the main diff with the sheets for hand and foot steering is the handle on top (box 1) and the cable (number 31, i think). I dont see a kit number; have to acquire all the individ pieces i guess. be carefull of the serial number column on the list at the bottom of the screen. also, you can click on enlarge in the diagram box and then drag the left box side and the bottom side to enlarge the window. http://sydenst.reachlocal.net ps I have made only a few posts. i'll try to correct boners that show up.

  3. #3ANDREW C2014-06-10 01:20

    js is right as far as I can tell. Unfortunately no kits appear to be available so it looks like you buy each piece separably. There may have been a kit at one time but its an old machine now. Heres a direct link to the parts system http://jdpc.deere.com/

  4. #4cutting edge2014-06-10 08:33

    The hands only option was crap to run on the 200 and 300 series skids.

  5. #5jshughes2014-06-10 16:17

    I wondered about that cutting edge . I learned on a Case, and I would like to convert my 250 to hands only. BUT, the arm/ bucket foot controls are so stiff and erratic, I cant be sure my old toothpick arms would be strong enough to run hands only controls, and i'm not going to rebuild or even look at the control valves as long as they work. Ive gotten used to foot controls, but i kinda like to be able to wedge myself in with my feet. Oh well