Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Understanding Cat fault codes

truecountry · 2014-05-06 07:59

Here's a few codes I've pulled up....2687-2..2688-2. And 2687-8..2688-8....what's the -2 and -8? Also these e569-2. E391-1. E875-2......I am confused

Replies12
  1. #1Nige2014-05-06 10:05

    Are these from your 277..? If they are then maybe you have found your issue. Check out Pages 72 & 120 of document reference REHS0126 that I sent to you. 2687 - RH Drive motor speed sensor #1 2688 - RH Drive motor speed sensor #2 -2 is "Date erratic, intermittent, or incorrect" -8 is "Abnormal frequency, pulse width, or period" Sound like you have an issue with the speed sensors (or the wiring harness) on the RH Drive Motor. I'll e-mail you the diagnostic procedures. E569-2 is "Unexpected Left Motor Reverse Speed Detected" - This event indicate that unexpected motor speed in the indicated direction has been detected. The direction of the wheels/tracks has moved faster or slower than expected. Ensure that the latest available machine flash file is installed. Probable Causes - Refer to Troubleshooting, "Motor Speed is Unexpected" · Pump stuck at maximum displacement - Motor speed will stick in max turtle gear ratio · Motor stuck at minimum displacement - Speed will be stuck in rabbit gear ratio (two-speed machines only) · Intermittent diagnostic for a motor speed sensor · Active diagnostic code for the hydraulic temperature sensor E391-1 is "Inlet Air Restriction" - Activates when the engine has run for > 1 minute and the N/O air cleaner indicator switch closes. Deactivates when the N/O air filter switch returns to the open state (with engine running). Specification for the air cleaner indicator switch to close is 7.5 kPa (1.09 psi) or 30.11 inches of H2O. - Spec tolerance is ± 5% at 23° C (73° F). The engine indicator located on the left side instrument cluster turns amber. · Check the engine air cleaner inlet and ducting. Ensure that the passageway is not blocked or collapsed. · Inspect the engine air cleaner element. Replace if needed. E875-2 is "Low System Voltage" - Activates when the engine is running and battery voltage is 12.25 VDC for 2 seconds. There is an increased charging system problem. Battery voltage is becoming too low for continued operation. If the level 2 event remains active for more than 5 minutes or is repeatedly activated, shutdown operation at the earliest opportunity. Troubleshoot the charging system.

  2. #2AEER2019-08-23 11:37

    What is the meaning of E60032-2 code on 2018 279D?

  3. #3Nige2019-08-23 16:09

    Serial Number please. There are at least 10 different models of 279D. Also are you sure of the E Number.? A quick search showed up nothing. Post a photo of the machine panel showing the code if you can.

  4. #4heymccall2019-08-23 18:14

    Most relevant code list...that ain't in there. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw3bft3s0ail_eTP4HlMqyRZ

  5. #5kshansen2019-08-23 19:20

    Not being familiar with the machine I did some searches on error codes and that number beginning with the E does nothing, even did some Google searches and nothing real showed up there either. Maybe miss reading what the display is showing?

  6. #6Nige2019-08-24 03:04

    Anything starting with an E is an Event Code rather than a Diagnostic Code. For example low engine oil pressure or high coolant temp generate Event Codes. I’ve just never seen one with 5 digits after the E, the most I’ve ever seen is 4. The -2 suffix means it’s a Level 2 Event. Effectively telling the operator to change the way he’s running the machine. Edit: Scratch that. I just checked the latest version of REHS0126 which is the Bible as far as Codes are concerned and there is an E60024, but it is for "Ground Level Emeergency Stop Activated" - appears to be for a tracked drill. Now pardon me but when did an MTL last have a Ground Level Emergency Stop..?

  7. #7Mark2502019-08-24 06:11

    the error code is in relation to soft ware changes and how it is indicated on the panel

  8. #8Mark2502019-08-24 06:13
  9. #9Nige2019-08-24 06:38

    Thanks Mark. Now why did I have E60024 in my head..? I searched for E60032 and up popped that same Service Mag. Just goes to show I should pay more attention because it's also right there in REHS0126.

  10. #10Abdal Kee2022-05-14 11:42

    Hi..i have a similar problem from Buldozer D3K active error 036-2685-08 and 2686-08 warning level 3 ...thanks for your answer

  11. #11Nige2022-05-14 13:13

    LH Track Speed Sensors fault. Actually there are two sensors (#1 & #2) in a single assembly. The most likely cause for both sensors giving the same 08 Diagnostic Code is that either the common power supply or the common ground to the sensor assembly is the problem. See attached troubleshooting procedures. There is a new (more reliable) sensor Part Number. I have included the Parts Manual illustration. You should be looking in the Area marked "C" on Page 1. More details are on Page 2.

  12. #12John C.2022-05-15 11:00

    heymccall: your code list is dated 2011. I think the one I have is also dated about the same. In my experience, Cat code numbers and their meaning stay the same and mean the same through time. They just keep adding code numbers as new things come up.