Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD310A Battery Info Please

Jon Vedder · 2015-10-16 08:32

I need to get new battery or batteries for my JD310A can someone please tell me what size battery should be in this machined size and cranking amps and any other information I might need Thank You jon

Replies10
  1. #1Delmer2015-10-16 09:45

    What does the battery box look like and what's in there now? Unless you need to be able to go out in any temperature and crank it up without plugging it in, or 24V, then you don't need two batteries, one good one will work fine if you can plug it in when it's cold. Did you get this running, or still trying? If you're cranking an engine that won't start,don't go more than 10 seconds, put a charger on it and don't crank again until the amps goes below 10, if it didn't start the first time, cranking it more isn't going to fix it. Air bleeding should take a few tries, but not minutes of cranking.

  2. #2Jon Vedder2015-10-16 12:46

    Battery box is larger than a standard battery it will fit two there are no tags on the battery that is in it but it looks like a regular deep cycle RV or boat battery and I was never able to get fuel to injectors or for that matter never got out of banjo fittings on the pump itself I have when I blew out the return line on pump it did sound like a possible plugged broke free but I could never get it cranking well enough again to see if it would start I'm kinda new to injector pumps but when I took the top off everything looked very clean I did not find any mouse turds any advice would be Greatly appreciated THANK you Jon

  3. #3Delmer2015-10-16 16:03

    Unless the starter says 24V, one good battery will work fine. A good quality 750 or more CCA, not CA. A deep cycle battery with both post and DIFFERENT size bolt terminals is built different and doesn't have the cranking capacity that a starting battery does. I replied to the injection question in your other thread so everything's in one place.

  4. #4jaburro2015-10-20 11:42

    Hey Jon, Looks like that batter information is listed below. 6-VOLT, 830 COLD CRANKING AMPS AT -18°C (0°F), 340-MINUTE RESERVE CAPACITY AT 25 AMPS Looks like a group 3EH. I hope this helps!

  5. #5Nige2015-10-20 12:39

    I just confirmed that from another source. The Cat replacement batteries for a JD310A are 2 x 8C-3632 which is a 6V battery that measures 19.4" long x 4.3" wide x 10" high so it's long and narrow. The battery is rated at 925CCA and 115 amp-hr for 20 hours.

  6. #6RLSPROTHERO2023-08-16 11:59

    My JD310 A had two 6 v batteries in series ( deep wells) when I bought it. I replaced it with a 12v 850 cold cranking amp battery. Work great!

  7. #7CM19952023-08-17 21:07

    Moved to the TLB forum.

  8. #8RLSPROTHERO2023-08-18 18:48

    Not sure what TLB is?

  9. #9CM19952023-08-18 19:43

    Tractor Loader Backhoe

  10. #10LarryH2023-08-21 20:12

    I just put one group 31 battery in mine and it works great.