Hello, everyone. Total newbie here, but need info on Terex backhoe. Looking to possibly buy 2004 model, 2400 hrs. cab, ac, e-hoe. Anyone run one of these or have info to share?
I have worked on mostly 760. Not as nice as a Case to run. Controls are not as smooth. The major components are good. Most had carraro axles and perkins engines, which were both good. Not a bad machine, just not as refined as some other brands.
Thanks for your input, GH. For some reason, it just seems right to me. Maybe it's because I'm not very refined or smooth, either.
Most of the terex backhoes in my area were generally sold to light industrial or farm use. The customers that were going to be working their machines hard always chose Case. Case had better product and parts support, but terex was significantly less expensive. If you don't need all the bells and whistles, then Terex will probably work fine for you.
What I intend to use the backhoe for is clearing overgrown fence rows and leveling terraces mostly on my property. Maybe later some extra cash after retirement. Nothing heavy at all. This machine has everything I want- cab w/ac and heat, extend-a-hoe, 4in1 bucket, and only 2400 hours. I haven't seen it yet, but pics look good. I will probably look locally for available Case machines, but I think the Terex would serve my purposes well if it is as good as it seems.