Hello All, I have just finished replacing all of the interior Boom hoses, changed filters and fluid. When I run the backhoe, all of the hydraulics work, but the cylinder for the Dipper Stick makes this low pitch grinding or squeaking noise, like 2 large steel girders rubbing across each other. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?
Extend the cylinder and use a long straight edge all around the rod to see if it night be bent. Does it only do it at a certain extension/retraction area of the cylinder? Other thought is the cylinder might not be full of oil if you changed hoses. Slowly extend and retract the cylinder a few times to get all the air out and see if the noise goes away.
It does it on Extend and Retract and the external hoses were not changed. I'll try extending/retracting for a longer time gradually.
Extend it all the way and check for straightness. Also look for any scoring or other marks on the rod.