Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD310A hydraulics

catsron ยท 2018-09-04 11:34

I just had a hydraulic hose burst on my JD 310A. Needless to say it is the worst possible one to repair. It is the hose that goes to the upper connection on the boom cylinder. It looks to me that to replace it entirely I will have to remove the cylinder. I am 71 and just use this hoe on my own property to stay active. Would simply cutting out the damaged hose and putting in a new piece with a union be a viable option. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-09-05 15:38

    No you can't clamp it tight enough with hose clamps it is 4 wire hose. You should be able to get the line off if not just take the cyl. loose on the rod end and raise the cyl. up enough to remove hose

  2. #2catsron2018-09-07 00:40

    Thank you for the reply Dave. I knew that I could not just splice with a fitting and hose clamps but thought they might make a fitting such as those used on high pressure air lines where the barb gets threaded right into the hose end and then a heavy ferrule threads over the outside of the hose sealing it. I got the repair completed. On the JD310A the boom cylinder runs up the center of the boom, inside, so to access the upper hose you need to remove both pins and drift the cylinder down thru the boom to access the upper connection. I have seen on other equipment where they used steel tubing down the length of the cylinder and both hoses would tie in very close together for easy maintenance.