My jd310e loader control lever is sticking and hard to operate. It just happened all of a sudden. I sprayed all linkages with wd40. Didnt seem to help. It only does it on the tipping or rolling of bucket. Up or down it doesnt do it. I think it could be in valve body. But before i rip it out just wanted to explore other options. Just didnt know a valve can act like that.
neikris, Does your sticking feel like its just goes hard or does it feel like a detent (just sticks at one particular location) ? There are two rotation levers under the floor where your linkage changes from up and down to fore and aft movements. You would need to remove your right wheel and a protector plate to reach these levers. Does your return to dig function still work correctly? There is a spring on the end of the spool. If broken, may be able to cause a detent felling if its jamming up in the canister. Thats why I asked about the return to dig function.
The return is messed up also. It will continue roll back or forward when i finally get it back to center. I am in denial. Lol i guess it sounds like i need to get it into dealer.
I'd make a Vegas bet that your stiff operation is in the linkage before I busted the valve body apart. There's a number of ball joint rod ends and two bell cranks in that linkage. Before I took the control valve apart, I'd disconnect the linkage where it connects to the spools of control valve, then work the lever. If it's still stiff, something is sticking in linkage.
I agree with Willie. Disconnect the linkage from the control valve to determin what is sticking. And like Willie I think its a linkage issue If it's not the linkage and it's the return to dig spring, I can be replaced without dismanteling the control valve. Its an exterior mounted canister held on by a few screws. On the 310D it can be remove with the control valve still mounted. Good luck.