Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD310g backhoe Auxiliary hydraulic for Auger

mark Jilg ยท 2021-05-16 17:16

I am new to this forum and new to this machine. I recently got a 2004 JD310g ser#TO310gx 942131, I"m hoping to install an anger for post holes. Along with the machine I got what looks to be all the parts to plumb the Auxiliary control valve and the return,however there is no documentation or instructions. I have the operations, parts and service manuals but the auxiliary hydraulics are not well covered. Is there an existing written procedure or is this going to a figure it out project. Thanks for any help. Mark

Replies10
  1. #1mg23612021-05-17 05:39

    Welcome to HEF Mark ! Did you buy the parts from a dealer? The kits do not include instructions. They have to be downloaded and printed. The dealer should have printed and given you the instructions. I PM'd you.

  2. #2Jimbo2021-05-25 22:02

    I am curious about this, as my dealer instructed me to use the bucket curl lines to power the auger on my 710D. The theory being I would have forward/reverse as needed. I have not yet tried this, as I also have a 90 hp CTL which is very efficient at augering holes. I wonder if my dealer is correct, or not? My machine is also equipped with a hammer circuit.....should I use this to power the auger? What about reversing if necessary? Thanks, Jim

  3. #3mg23612021-05-26 05:25

    No. You would have to add another valve section to your backhoe valve to accomplish that.

  4. #4Jimbo2021-05-26 09:04

    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I did not think the hammer circuit would work(not reversible). How about using the bucket curl function; I am hesitant to break the lines from the cylinder to run the auger.....So, I should add another valve for the auger, correct?

  5. #5mg23612021-05-26 11:56

    yep

  6. #6Jimbo2021-05-26 12:03

    Many thanks !!

  7. #7Tinkerer2021-05-26 12:24

    Welcome to HEF Mark!

  8. #8Jimbo2021-05-29 18:56

    I was just offered a hoe-pack.....would it run off the extra valve I am going to install, or would it be compatible with the hammer circuit? Hoe-pack manuual is vey basic Thanks !

  9. #9mg23612021-05-30 05:48

    It would work on the existing hammer hydraulic setup on the machine. You would need to know the flow requirements and adjust the machine accordingly.

  10. #10Jimbo2021-05-31 12:39

    Understood. Thank you !