Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD310j water in fuel issues.

johnstonJDguy · 2024-09-05 09:21

Hey guys, I have a 310j backhoe that has water in fuel warning going off, we have drained the tank twice (even shopvacced it out) & replaced the fuel filter 3 times and still will not work right. What else can I do to fix my backhoe??

Replies6
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-09-05 09:43

    Welcome to HEF johnston . Machine serial ? WIF sensor terminals and wire harness terminals clean ?

  2. #2HarleyHappy2024-09-05 10:05

    Find the water in fuel sensor and test it.

  3. #3johnstonJDguy2024-09-05 10:17

    Thanks! I’m new to backhoes so I do not know where any of those are. Searching for diagrams online with no luck..

  4. #4Diesel Dave2024-09-05 18:04

    What’s the machine serial # ?

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-09-05 20:50

    FYI, at the Deere bookstore there is an option to download a free copy of the Operators manual for that backhoe. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=310J&pattr=p0 .

  6. #6Coaldust2024-09-06 02:34

    Leave that light on too long and your backhoe dies. Leave that light on too long and your heart just gets broken. .