I've got a 2006 JD310SG w/powershift. It's the later serial number run. Pretty much a standard construction package machine with 5000 hrs. and no real problems. Works great. Today I changed the transmission oil and filter. Let it drain for half an hour until empty. Looked like it drained out several gallons or more. Spec calls for 4 gallons on an oil and filter change. I put in 3 gallons of Hy Gard and checked it.....Wow! It is a couple of inches over the upper full mark on the dipstick. I checked it several times by the book: running at idle and it is stable at about 2" above the full mark on the dipstick. What's going on? I was expecting to have to put in another gallon but now may have to drain one gallon out. Yes, I check it in the normal way by inserting the dipstick fully at low idle. Thanks for any help, rScotty
OK. I fixed it. Drained off a gallon....then it was too low. Added back 2 quarts and just right. So the fluid capacity for the transmission service on a 2006 late series JD310SG powershift including new filter and complete transmission drain is 2.5 gallons Hy-Gard - NOT the 4 gallons as it says in the JD operator's manual that came with the tractor. That's to the full mark. Tractor level, oil warm, measured after at low idle after a couple mile run through the gears and down the road. Measured several times over a couple hours; the level is stable. Hope this helps someone rScotty