Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD319D Hydraulic is locked out

POPANDA ยท 2023-07-31 21:31

Was intermittent now cannot move it. Engine is fine, but when release parking brake button to enable hydraulics nothing happens. It used to make a click sound under the floor and you could immediately tell it was released and ready to work. No click sound now. ERROR Code message, RIGHT Joystick not centered message, ENABLE Hydraulic message, RELEASE Parking brake message, these always show up, all disappear when/ if it clicks and releases hydraulics. Couple times did this as I was working, machine locked up, nothing moved. I was able to release it by restarting, now nothing. Recently had a bad leak, needed replace a hard pipe but I refilled it. Sounds like a solenoid under my feet?? If so exactly where is it? Could there be an air bubble in it? Machine has less than 1500 hrs, it is powerful when it is working. Thankful for any ideas, I cannot load it onto a trailer to even bring it to dealer.

Replies4
  1. #1ozarkag2023-07-31 22:51

    The "right joystick not centered" will prevent it from releasing Park. Try moving the joystick just a little, back, forth, left or right and hitting the park release switch. Sometimes the joystick will have enought wear or play that it thinks its not in neutral, thus won't allow to unlock.

  2. #2POPANDA2023-07-31 23:13

    Thanks! Makes sense. I will try that!

  3. #3mg23612023-08-01 05:11

    Welcome to HEF POPANDA ! Please supply a complete machine serial number. Also, check for codes in the monitor, then clear them. Here is how: Press and hold the menu button until "SERVICE MENU" appears in the screen. Release the button. Scroll to codes. Press select. Post active and stored codes, if any. Then clear any codes it may have. Try to run it and see if any come back. Post what comes back.

  4. #4POPANDA2023-10-31 14:48

    UPDATE! So I found a helpful Youtube video about a bigger JD CTL with similar symptoms. It seems that the problem was in the joystick. It is computerized. A new joystick core was ordered and installed. It fixed the problem! Thanks to those who tried to help.