Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD410 Backhoe…. SLOW LOADER

Nhebayer ยท 2015-04-30 03:50

My first post.... Please be gentle. LOL First of all... I bought this thing in its current condition... it has issues. Previous owner tore down and replaced the clutch, when he got it back together the front loader works extremely slow. The back hoe works great... the reverser works as it should. I am a retired certified master tech for Autos.... but know little about hydraulics. Where do I start? I tried reversing the supply and return at the control valve thinking they connected wrong... got worse. Im thinking they assembled something wrong after the clutch job. Your thoughts? Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2015-04-30 08:34

    There is a "priority valve", located downstream from the main hydraulic pump, that serves as a manifold for the loader, backhoe, steering, and whatever else feeds off of the main hydraulics on that model. The "priority" function is a simple valve that closes power to the loader below a certain pressure, in order to maintain steering and brake function when using the loader. If you're comfortable with pressure relief valves, then pull the valve part out of the priority valve, leave the housing in place, don't loose any parts, clean everything and put it back in the way it came out, except for the broken parts. Or wait for a second opinion. Does the engine seem to be under load with no functions moving? There are other things that could cause the pressure to be low, therefor causing the priority valve to restrict the loader. Another option would be checking the leakage from the other circuits off of the priority valve, or capping them all and checking loader speed.

  2. #2Nhebayer2015-04-30 09:27

    Engine sounds normal.... No load at all. Im going to take the pressure relief on the Priority valve..apart and clean it and inspect. Thank you for your input.

  3. #3Nhebayer2015-04-30 17:20

    Update..... I like to post results in case someone else runs into the same problem.... Its fixed.... I removed the Priority valve and took it apart very carefully.... the check valve was flipped on its side and was lodge in the tube sideways. The prev person did not get it in straight... it was actually stuck. I had to knock it pretty hard to get out. the edges were rough. I filed down the rough edges... reassembled correctly... and it works great. Your advice was spot on. Thank you Now to fix the blown up rear diff.... That the guy told me was a Planetary gear.... $1100 in parts alone... UGGGG